Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SMITTEN! * Coach Poppy


I can't believe I'm saying this. I think I'm in love with Coach's new line called Poppy. It seems to skew younger (perhaps because it's more affordable? because it's bright?), though I think you can love these items at any age. You just have to be a person who considers themselves design-savvy. And I do. I am especially in love with the Poppy Pop C Spotlight Shoulder Bag (retails for $268 and is shown above).

I don't know what it is, but it is making me forget that I hate Coach. I hate it because it's EVERYWHERE. On the shoulder of every woman I see. Plus, I'm not big into splashy "look at me and how much money I spent!" logo bags. Which is essentially what saved Coach. Don't get me wrong, some of their things are very nice. I just didn't want to shell out a wad of money on something every woman in America already had. I guess that's just the design-savvyness in me.

So what can it be? Why has this new collection changed my mind so rapidly? Maybe that my favorite period of art is Pop? That I love bright colors mixed together? I don't know. I am just so smitten -- and it scares me.

No comments: